The more people that know about how cancer effects Adolescents and Young Adults, the better. The We Believe Foundation provides numerous ways that you can help spread the word. Opportunities include participation in a variety of events including attending or playing in the We Believe Lacrosse Classic, running with Team We Believe in Running Dirty Frederick or bringing a Just Check Em Program to your school. Learn more about all of the opportunities below:
Matt and Aaron’s Story
In 2007, Aaron’s step-brother, Matt, found a lump and was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer at age 17! Aaron watched his brother suffer through extensive treatment to save his life. He began doing a self-check regularly in the shower, never really believing it would save him someday. Then, in 2011, while away at college, Aaron felt something and went to the school doctor. WOW! What were the chances that he, at age 21, would have the exact same cancer as Matt? There was one BIG difference… Aaron caught his cancer EARLY and that meant he wouldn’t travel the exact path as Matt. He would have HALF the treatment and get back to life TWICE AS FAST! Aaron saved himself and he wants YOU to potentially do the same with a simple monthly self- check.
- We Believe Lacrosse Classic – Over 90 division 1 lacrosse players play in an exhibition tournament to honor cancer warriors and promotes early detection regarding cancers that affect young adults most through this motivational fundraiser.
- A Night of Pink Hope (sm) — A night of fashion, performances, celebrities and breast cancer survivors to raise awareness for the young women 15-39 battling breast cancer. 27 young women
diagnosed every day!
- Team We Believe – Athletic teams to raise funds and awareness thru events such as Zumbathons, Warrior Dash Maryland, High
School & College Lacrosse Games, cooking classes, dances, and more.
- We Believe Golf Classic- Held at Renditions Golf Club on October 2nd.
- Courtney’s Color Run- proceeds benefit the Courage from Courtney Scholarship Fund
- Just Check Em 5K- Colored Up, Checked Out! Light up the track at this 5K and help young adults fight against cancer.
Just Check Program
High School and College education for early detection and awareness about cancers affecting young adults 15-29 years old.
Learn about Young Adults with Cancer here- WBF Awareness PDF